Famous Sports Quotes
Inspirational and famous sports quotes and sayings
A future in athletics may not be on the horizon if a coach refers to you as “Butterfinger,” not because of your love
for the candy bar but your reputation for always dropping the ball.
Famous sports quotes can provide inspiration to someone who is blessed with athletic ability to achieve the most
when they’re competing. Inspirational sports quotes stress that true winners always compete by giving a game everything they have.
True victors also know that character comes before victory at any cost. A basketball player can hold their
head high even when their shorts fall down during a tournament and a football player can laugh after telling
a reporter that he played his best during the third inning of a game.
But an athlete can never look anyone in the eye if they’ve brought dishonor to themselves or their team.
That’s why sports quotes emphasize that winning is only a goal, while honor in how a competition is played is a necessity.
Michael Jordan Famous Sports Quotes
- I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
- Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.
- Success isn't something you chase. It is something you have to put forth the effort for constantly; then maybe it'll come when you least expect it.
- The key to success is failure.
- Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
Vince Lombardi Famous sports quotes
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
- Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
- If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
- Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things
right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
- Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
- We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time.
Lance Armstrong Famous Sports Quotes
- Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
- I'm sorry for you, ... I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles.
- If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them.
When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.
- Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to fight.
- I figure the faster I pedal, the faster I can retire.
- I think the race has everything. I think it has difficulty, it has joy, it has excitement, it even has death.
Other Sports Quotes
- My thoughts before a big race are usually pretty simple. I tell myself: Get out of the blocks, run your race, stay relaxed. If you run your race, you'll win....Channel your energy. Focus.
- Losers quit when they're tired. Winners quit when they've won.
- An amateur practices something until he does it right, a pro practices something until he can't do it wrong.
- An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head.
- I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
- As a manager, you always have a gun to your head. It's a question of whether there is a bullet in the barrel.
- I'll let the racket do the talking.
- The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
- Cricket is basically baseball on valium.