Sports Motivational Quotes
Famous sports motivational quotes and sayings
Okay, so your sports prowess is so limited that you think a quarterback is a refund and that you’re supposed to bring a spoon to the Super Bowl.
But some individuals are bound for greatness on the playing field, thanks to natural athletic ability and a commitment to keeping themselves ready for the next competition. For them, sports motivational quotes stress that real winning isn’t just about knowing how to play, but also taking pride in a game well played.
The moral fiber of a true athletic champion is shared through sports motivational quotes that stress the importance of knowing more than only how to outplay an opponent.
And sports quotes let a player know that even though he might have run the wrong way with a ball, he’s still a winner if he sprinted the wrong way with all his heart. (The play may have cemented his reputation as "someone we don´t really need for this game", but he could still have a big heart, right?)
True winners are those who score the extra point with a combination of athletic prowess and character. The temperament of a real victory is shared through sports quotes that stress real success can only be realized when it’s accompanied by talent and convictions.
- The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.
- One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
- Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.
- The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime.
- I was showing early symptoms of becoming a professional baseball man. I was lying to the press.
- I wanted to have a career in sports when I was young, but I had to give it up. I'm only six feet tall, so I couldn't play basketball. I'm only 190 pounds, so I couldn't play football. And I have 20-20 vision, so I couldn't be a referee.
- I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
- An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head.
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.
- Luck? Sure. But only after long practice and only with the ability to think under pressure.
- He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
- The strategy of my coach and me was that we looked at pictures of all the best pole vaulters from around the world, and we took the best parts from them, and we created a person that had never existed. We then started to work toward being such a person.
- One of the things that my parents have taught me is never listen to other people's expectations. You should live your own life and live up to your own expectations, and those are the only things I really care about it.
- Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
- Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
- The stillness in stillness is not the real stillness; only when there is stillness in movement does the universal rhythm manifest.
- The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence.
Home page from sports motivational quotes Contact from sports motivational quotes Famous sports quotes