Famous Motivational Quotes
Choose your favorite famous motivational quotes
Throughout history, kings and presidents have inspired nations to achieve great things and offered hope in difficult times through the words they have spoken. Long after great people have died, their quotes are still remembered. And it is almost as if these people still live through the motivation, inspiration and humor their words provide to subsequent generations.
Famous people are often remembered for the observations about stupid things that people do. And even more motivational are the quotes that share the knowledge gleamed from the silly things humans do.
This is why famous motivational quotes are so powerful. When spoken during an individual’s lifetime, they have proven effective in leading people, healing them and inspiring them to greater heights. Years, decades and even centuries after they have been laid to rest, the power of their quotes have also proven powerful in sharing the same calls to achieve greatness by those who later follow them in the wondrous journey of life.
By following the wisdom found in famous motivational quotes, an individual can strive for excellence, pick themselves up when they fall and never give up. That’s when individuals will realize the same potential for greatness also resides in them regardless of the obstacles they might face.
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
- The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
- Work is the grand cure for all the maladies and miseries that ever beset mankind–honest work, which you intend getting done.
- Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives.
- Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
- There are no secrets to success: Don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence.
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- If not us, who? If not now, when?
- When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.
- You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
- Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.
- The older I get, the more wisdom I find in the ancient rule of taking first things first - a process which often reduces the most complex human problems to manageable proportions.
- Success is never wondering what if.
- Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.
- The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.