60th Birthday Quotes
60th birthday quotes and sayings for seniors
For a young person, fun is about getting to a vacation destination fast. For seniors, fun is getting out of the doctor’s office as soon as possible. Young parents fret over getting their toddlers to the bathroom quickly, while their parents worry about getting themselves to the bathroom promptly before an accident occurs.
The sentiments found in 60th birthday quotes often parody the realization that “senioriatis” brings more visits to the doctor,
increased incontinence and a host of other problems associated with growing older.
Seniors realize that they possess a wisdom that can be shared with young people in stories that are told to them – over, and over, and over again! But young people can take heart with the realization that a grandparent’s yarn might always include new or previously forgotten details.
One of the disadvantages of becoming a senior is that people often forget things. So why not laugh at the embarrassing
things that are represented by old age? After all, a senior who does something humiliating is likely to forget about it a few minutes later.
But 60th birthday quotes never let them forget!
- One starts to get young at the age of sixty and then it is too late.
- Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.
- I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.
- I'm sixty years of age. That's 16 Celsius.
- The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams;
the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
- Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays,
the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing.
They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave.
Our lives are measured by these.
- A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.
- The positive side of memory loss is that you meet new people every day.
- The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.
- Some people reach the age of sixty before others.
- How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?
- A man of sixty has spent twenty years in bed and over three years in eating.
- You will recognize, my boy, the first sign of old age: it is when you go out into the streets of London and realize for the first time how young the policemen look.
- Youth is the gift of nature, but age is the work of art.
- I wanted to show I had balls at age 60. Just because society says I'm old, doesn't mean that I am. I'm pursuing happiness, even if it makes the people around me unhappy.
- Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- The spiritual eyesight improves as the physical eyesight declines.
- On my 60th birthday my wife gave me a superb birthday present. She let me win an argument.
- Be kind to your kids, they'll be choosing your nursing home.